10 Promotional Swag Items That Millennials Will Want & Use
Aug 7, 2018
Market To Teens & Young Adults Through Tech-Related Promotional Products
Millennials - born between 1980 and the early 2000s - have been described as open-minded, self-expressive and receptive to new ideas and new ways of living. They are educated, they are ambitious, and they spend $2 trillion every year - meaning you should be marketing to this generation! In order for your business to reach out to and connect with this age group, we suggest the following 10 promotional swag items:
- Power Banks - Millennials are quite in sync with digital technologies, so any tech item is a good way to go when thinking about what to give out to this generation. With a power bank, they can stay on the go, while keeping all of their devices charged.
- Water Bottle/Wireless Speaker Combo - Combo items are a great idea, too, since this crowd likes instant gratification and quick results - meaning a two-in-one promotional item (also related to technology) will please them!
- Noise Cancelling Headphones - Millennials have been described as being selfish, and part of this may come from the fact that they are so wrapped up in their own things; instead of making conversation while riding public transportation, they just want to zone out and catch up on TV shows. These noise-cancelling earbuds can help with that.
- Audio Splitters - When teens and young adults are hanging out together, they may just be watching said TV shows together. Therefore, an audio splitter is something that can be used.
- Fitness Trackers - Millennials exercise more and smoke less than previous generations, using apps to stay active and well, so fitness trackers make for some great swag
- Laptop Skins - These young people are also expressive, so customizable skins allow them to decorate their devices!
- Selfie Lights - Some may consider posting regular selfies to be narcissistic, but this generation is always online; this means they can see your digital ads, leave you reviews and make purchases through your website...and they can also get some good lighting in while taking pics!
- Pop Sockets - Similarly, this age group wants to use pop sockets - the little buttons that help to hold phones easily - so handing these out is another good idea for promotions.
- Phone Wallets - Millennials are always on the go. In fact, they’d rather travel than buy a house! And when they are going from place to place, they have a phone in hand, so a phone wallet will let them be able to carry their money and IDs, too!
- Solar-Powered Gifts - Last but not least, solar-powered gifts are a good option when it comes to swag for this age group; they care about the environment, they always need to charge something, and they like unique items such as this water-resistant power bank.
Millennials. Generation Y. Echo Boomers. The dates may vary for when these people were born, and the exact characteristics they possess may be argued in article after article, but one thing is for sure: This large, expressive and influential age group is familiar with communications, media and digital technologies. The members of this category are online, ready to see and interact with you digitally and ready to be handed some tech-related swag!