Check Out the Academy Awards Swag Bag: Who Says Money Speaks Louder Than Swag?
Promotional Swag Leads the Way to Help Comfort the Oscar Losers!
Austin, Texas: The 2014 Academy Award swag bag contents have just been released – and it seems like the price for an Oscar loser’s swag bag is valued at $55,000.
According to branding agency Distinctive Assets, the swag bag for this year’s non-winners (I hate the term losers) includes:
- Chocolatines Savory Wine Flight Pairing. Value: $80.
- Halo Natural Pet Food certificate for 10,000 meal donations to the rescue or shelter of the recipient’s choice. Value: $6,142.89.
- Max Martin shoes. Value: $750.
- Slow Watches. Value: $290.
- Dosha Pops herbal tea-based lollipops. Value: $35.
- Blossom Blends tea. Value: $49.95.
- Hydroxycut gummies, protein bars and protein shakes. Value: $38.96.
- Narrative Clip automatic camera and app. Value: $279.
- Polar Loop activity tracker. Value: $109.95.
- Steamist Total Sense Home Spa System. Value: $2,560.
- M3K Beauty products. Value: $100.
- Rouge Maple organic maple syrup. Value: $250.
- House call from celebrity acupuncturist/nutritionist Heath Lounsbury. Value: $500.
- Slimware dinnerware. Value: $59.
- Huntley Drive Fitness package of 10 personal training sessions. Value: $850.
- Le Petit Cirque, North America’s only all-kid pro Cirque troupe. Value: $575.
- Jan Lewis Designs bangle bracelets. Value: $400.
- Koloa Landing Resort five-night Hawaii stay. Value: $2,000.
- “Loaded: The Story of a Ghost” graphic novel. Value: $49.95.
- Aviv 613 Vodka. Value: $30.
- Imanta resort stay in Ocean Casa. Value: $3,300.
- Makeup Studio products by Diane Capt. Value: $105.
- Simon’s Happy Pet Shampoo. Value: $15.
- Bee Free Honee. Value: $39.
- Betty Jane Homemade Candies. Value: $69.75.
- Cannonball Wine. Value: $75.
- The Green Garmento garment bags. Value: $23.
- Jitseu leather handbags. Value: $279.
- Cherryt Knit & Co. winter accessories. Value: $158.
- Vetvik luxury leather case. Value: $230.
- Mane ‘N Tail hair-care products. Value: $95.35.
- Mace Brand pepper spray. Value: $120.
- Rocky Mountaineer train travel package through Western Canada. Value: $4,078.
- Acure skincare products. Value: $300.
- Epic Pet Heath electrolyte therapy. Value: $1,571.98.
- Adept Armor fabric waterproofing solution. Value: $26.99.
- Wrap Wrap luxury fabric wrap. Value: $15.
- Walk Japan tour package. Value: $15,000.
- “Best of Las Vegas” travel package. Value: $9,000.
This seems even more impressive than the Grammy’s swag bag that we had discussed last month.
So, next time some bright-eyed young marketing assistant tells you that money motivates better than promotional swag– tell him/her that they are clearly mistaken.
Promotional swag creates lasting value that will be re-used over and over again – and creates memories.
Cash is spent on necessities–and will be forgotten about too quickly.
Promotional swag has branding value and a higher perceived value than the money spent on it.
What’s in your swag bag?