How to Choose the Best Trade Show Promotional Items
7 Questions to Ask in Helping to Choose The Right Trade Show Promotional Gifts
Austin, Texas: Probably one of the most popular questions we get is” “How Do I Choose the Right Promotional Item for my Upcoming Trade Show?”
The short answer: There is no one perfect promotional item or piece of swag for everybody.
The long answer: With a bit of due diligence, you can find a gift or two that would be used and appreciated by your target audience..
The key words: due diligence.
Before ordering any promotional items, ask yourself these questions:
- Who is your target audience? Try to imagine and picture the ideal client in your mind–age, sex, salary, title, etc.)
- Why are they at the trade show? What is their goal in attending?
- What did you give away last year — and how was it received?
- What type of action do you want this recipient to take after they get home (log onto your website, call for an appointment, schedule a demo, etc.)?
- What is the theme of your booth? Tying in to your theme will create more synergy and help them recall your booth more quickly.
- How will you be distributing these promotional products? Handing them out to everyone who stops by, tossing at them as they walk by, reaching into a basket or special bin to give to select people, having nicer gifts for some and lower priced gimmes for the masses, etc.?
- Will you be targeting a select audience with direct mail, social media or other method? A pre-screened audience should get a nicer gift than a non-selected walk-in, in most cases.
By taking a little time and answering these questions, you can maximize the ROI you get from your next trade show.
Trade shows can still be a great opportunity to meet prospects and visit with your clients.
Give them something memorable to keep your brand top of mind.
What will you be handing out at your next trade show?